When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own but will tell you what he has heard. He will tell you about the future (John 16:13).
As you know, I’m in Gatlinburg attending a “Word and Spirit” meeting with Randall Grier. Randall begin addressing concerns the Lord has given Him concerning trends in the church and what he says he sense coming in the next few years.
He began last night saying that in 2007 in prayer the Lord showed him a division or split taking place in the church world. From this split two types of churches will emerge: Informational seeker friendly churches, and Revelational, God seeking churches that will contend for the power of the Holy Ghost and the power of the Word. He feels that the Lord has empowered him to get the message out about what is happening now and to warn pastors and ministers to contend for the fullness of God’s power in our day.
He mentioned that the seeker friendly Informational churches would grow greatly in popularity in the next year and a half, and that eventually this movement would dwindle and many of these churches would begin to have problems due to the works of the flesh and the spirit of the world entering in.
Then he gave us 13 points that identify the Informational churches. I’ll give them briefly here with the scripture he mentions:
Characteristics of Informational Churches
1. The churches started right but begin to yield to seducing spirits (1 Timothy
2. They are based on man’s plans and not God’s Word (Matthew 16:23; Romans16:17;
3. The spirit of the world invades these churches (1 John 4:15-17).
4. The Pastors of these churches begin to neglect time with God in prayer and
in the Word; more time spent “playing” than “praying.” (Acts 6:1-5)
5. Messages are based more on natural things and men’s opinions than they are on
the Word. (1 Timothy 1:4)
6. The church leadership place on emphasis on outward appearance (1 John 2:15).
7. The churches services are designed to please people more than God
(2 Timothy 4:2-4).
8. People are left unchanged and leave the same way they come because the Holy
Spirit is not present to change them (2 Corinthians 3:18).
9. The messages are not designed to demand a response from the people for fear
of offending them (Hebrews 13:6).
10. The works of the flesh manifest through the leadership and people of these
churches (Jude 18-19; Galatians 5:19-21).
11. Jesus is standing at the door and knocking in these churches wanting to come
in and minister to them. He eventually rejects them (Revelation 3:16,20).
12. Satan has deceived these churches into believing a lie (Revelation 12:9).
13. These churches eventually fail due to sin and false doctrine (Revelation 2:5).
This is a strong Word and in my view needed for our day. Randall mentioned that he told the Lord that he didn’t want to minister this because it seemed so negative, but the Lord urged him to obey and bring a word of warning and admonition.
I’ll keep you updated as the meeting progress today. My heart is to preach the Word with boldness, and for the Lord to confirm His Word with signs following! Let’s stand for the truth of the Word and for the power of the Holy Ghost. Let’s join together and pray for an AWAKENING in our nation and around the world!
I’ll be in touch.